Friday, June 1, 2012

Illusions in the Mesh Around Hunt!

I was approached by BellaStarr of the Ego Company a little while ago about a new hunt for only mesh items.  Normally I turn down hunts as I haven't had much luck with them and don't like to dig up the time to make an item.  But, since so many people are still shy about mesh I felt it might make an impact to show them how familiar and easy it can be to wear.  Rustling around my mesh work-in-progress folders turned up my lovely top hat that I made as a doodle, released as a holiday freebie and then never finished.  Part of what was hanging me up was a mix of wanting to work on other things, but also never being quite happy with the textures.  It was the perfect thing to pick up and give a bit of spit shine to.

The brocade top hat is an experiment with a new feature of Zbrush that allows you to use "Surface Noise" to create patterns and effects across the entire surface of your object.  While I'm not sure it's an entirely convincing brocade, I have to admit the pattern does seem to have worked pretty well and hopefully it's a technique I can use more in the future.  The hat only comes in black for now, I might later polish it up a bit more and play with the shading to release it in the store.  I especially love the velvet ribbon and how that turned out, it looks so soft and pettable!

You can find it for free hidden somewhere in the store.  The clue is M is for Murder.

No comments: