Monday, November 26, 2007

Bravery

There are a limited amount of ways to be brave or adventurous in Second Life. You can't exactly go bungee jumping, skydiving is just a novelty, and it's simply impossible to die if you choose not to. In taking risks, the only stakes are your time and your reputation. I am proud to say that in this safe utopia, I have laid my time out in a gamble, and found a way to push past my comfort zone. I've just tread beyond into an area that has always terrified me, intimidated me, and frustrated me.

I've braved the template, imperfection, and hundreds of lindens in uploads in the process of actually making a piece of clothing. I had a dream, a vision, an inspiration that had to come to life, and it demanded that I pick up the tools I so dread, and brave the 5th circle of hell, which I've recently discovered is actually full of seam matching. So mayhap I'm a little overly proud to celebrate overcoming a personal obstacle with this:

I'm ridiculously proud of it. I've been obsessing over it ever since Caliah Lyon planted the idea into my head, which was sometime in mid-October! She suggested a feather trimmed cloak, but when she said that a beautiful, sumptuous image arrived in my head of a soft, silky and fashionable feather trimmed winter coat that was dramatic and fabulous. The coat comes in two lengths of coat tail, so you can have a long, full length dress coat, or a shorter more casual calf length, but the long a-line flare is what I had initially dreamed of. I wanted an enormous soft collar that you could bury your face in, and yet at the same time show off an elegant necklace. Then of course I needed big yummy cuffs to balance it out. The collar actually turned out being 210 prims, which I tried my darndest to show restraint on, yet when I did it just didn't look the same. Ah, well that is true luxury isn't it! To compromise, I've included a low prim version of the collar as well, that has fewer feathers but will be much more friendly to your computer. (I say low prim, but it's still 83 prims ^^;, so I guess I mean lower). All in all, the effect is very striking, and I haven't taken it off yet. It's exactly what my avatar needed to avoid getting cold in the upcoming virtual winter.

Sadly, since I'm offering so many options, for my own protection I'm making this coat copy only. You might say "but it's just the prim pieces that there are options on! no one's going to give away/sell just the prim pieces", but not so! I've gone above and beyond the call of duty on this one, and answered the prayers of a certain niche of my customers. My dear rainbois and flamboyant, secure men, I have included a unisex version of the coat top, without breast shading, so that you too can be utterly fabulous and amazing. Of course you already are, but the coat helps to make it more obvious.

2 comments:

Sai Pennell said...

I love love love love the Coque Feather coat - I haven't taken it off since I bought it right after its release. O_o

Hearing that you are contemplating making it in other colors is the best news I've heard all day. I'd love to see the coat in a variety of colors (*nudge* white! *nudge*) :P

Hehe~ Can't wait to see the Christmas goodies you come out with! I must refrain from refreshing your blog every 10 minutes until you release them O_o

Anonymous said...

I don't check your blog in a few days and miss THIS? Oh my, never making that mistake again.
Seriously though, this coat is freaking fantastic. I saw the picture and the first thing that popped into my head was "I think I love you!"

I am buying this first chance I get, and probably won't take it off for a week.